Hands up if you have dry skin.
You’re not alone!
Dry, dull, and irritated skin are the most common complaints I hear from my clients this time of year.
Cold winter air and having the heater in your home on full blast totally strips the moisture out of your skin. It’s so frustrating because you layer on the serums and moisturizer, but nothing seems to help.
I’ve got 5 simple tips to help you deal with dry skin.
1) Take warm (not hot) showers. I know…I love taking hot showers too, but using really hot water can strip your skin of its precious natural oils so lukewarm water is a better option.
2) As soon as you get out of the shower, apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp. This helps lock in some of the moisture.
3) Avoid products with SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) or any antibacterial soaps. These ingredients are super harsh & irritating, plus they strip your skin of its natural oils.
4) Use a humidifier in your room. Make sure to clean it regularly (at least once/week) with white vinegar to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
5) Remember to hydrate from the inside out! Drink lots of water, eat hydrating foods (think cucumber, grapes, watermelon) and make sure to consume good quality fats like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, and salmon.
And as a bonus, here’s a simple & super hydrating DIY mask recipe you can try using ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now! 🙂
Hydrating Avocado Face Mask
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp. Organic yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
- Mash ingredients together until smooth – a few lumps are fine
- Spread a thick layer onto clean skin
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes
- Remove with a warm wash cloth
- Run fingers over soft skin 🙂
For even more awesome skin care tips, hop on over to my free Facebook Group, The Clear Skin Collective.